Saturday 24 August 2013

Dear Heart,

I don't know how you do it, but you do. The truth is I have always loved you; from the very first moment that we met. I was nervous in our new surroundings and I felt that with you there I would be alright. Who would have known that I would have thrived though? That I would have blossomed under you watchful eye and helping hand. You always believed in me, never faltered, never questioned me or laughed at me or made me feel less than I was. If anything you always made me feel like I was the most amazing person in the world. Even now, years later, one evening spent with you and I feel elated, invigorated, like I truly am unique and wonderful and deserving of your affection. Even now my heart jumps and my butterflies, too often now lying dormant, begin to flutter in spirals. How can you still make me feel this way? For those few wonderful hours I felt like I was yours, truly yours and that the way you looked at me was the way that you would look at me forever more. I let myself believe that the safe, protecting, loving arms were there ones that were always going to envelope me and hold me close. I fooled myself into thinking that this was the way it would be, that this would be our happy ever after... and then I went home and lay next to the man in my bed. Mine and his bed. Wracked with guilt at how I had let myself get sucked into our little imaginary world.
I don't know how you do it, dear heart, but with a few words you manage to make my heart sing and my soul feel like it can soar above the world.
 
Love (I guess always),
 
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment